Dirty shower doors full of soap scums are not a pleasuring thing to look at. You will feel the urge to clean and have a shower door that shines.
In this article, we are sharing some easy but effective ways to clean your shower doors.
We will use some easy to find products like baking soda, vinegar, and sponges for our first process. The other processes are easy but need some chemically enriched easy-to-buy products.
Let’s dive into it.
[We have included a video tutorial at the end of this article. Click here to start watching it now.]
Culprits of Dirty Shower: Soap Scum and Hard Water
The stains you see in your bathroom are soap scums. These are easily visible on the mirror or the glass door. Soap bars along with the hard water make some chemical reactions that create those stains on the wall.
Since soap scums are not easily removable and can’t be eliminated with a simple scrub, it needs extra care. You will know how to remove these in a minute after reading this article.
Shower Door Clean Up Tutorial: Easiest Process
We ranked this process as the easiest for product availability. The material we will use here is commonly found in every household in the USA. Things you need are-
- Baking soda
- Paper towel
Steps to Follow
Take half a cup of soda and mix it with half a cup of water. Make a smooth baking soda paste with it. Ensure that the soda is thick enough to stick on the door surface.
Use your hand or an abrasive sponge to apply the paste on the door.
Take a bottle of vinegar and attach sprayer with it. Spray the vinegar on the door where you have applied the soda.
Allow the vinegar and baking soda to start a chemical reaction. Wait for a few moments. And then rinse the door with vinegar. Following these steps should give you a perfectly soap scum free shower door.
If you see any stains, put some paste on it with a squeegee and let it sit. And follow the steps again.
Don’t be overwhelmed with the result. Soak the vinegar with a paper towel until the door is 100% dried out. This is a very important part of the cleaning process.
If you leave the door with vinegar, it can catch up stains again.
How To Clean Glass Shower Door
The best way to clean a glass door is with the shower spray. There are a lot of brands out there in the market that produce outstanding shower door cleaners.
Pick one that suits your shower and buy it. The next steps are easy-
- Dry out the glass door before you start the cleaning process.
- Spray the glass cleaner evenly on the surface.
- Use squeegees to remove any hard to remove stains from the glass.
- Dry out the glass door with a soft microfiber cloth.
Shower Door Cleaning: Alternative Ways
If you are looking for an alternative to the above processes, we have a simple solution for you. You can use caulk remover chemicals to remove stains from your shower doors.
Follow the same process as the shower sprays. Dry out the door, spray the chemical, let it soak and then, clean the door with a soft cloth.
These are helpful when you want to remove stains from your shower tiles also. Sealant remover chemicals remove the stain pretty easily. But you have to be careful when using it.
Do not pour these chemicals on your shower caulks, this can mess things up! You can end up removing your shower caulks unintendedly.
Tips To Avoid Soap Scums and Hard to Remove Stains in Shower Doors
- The first thing to be noted. You have to avoid oil-based products in the shower. Ban oily conditioners, hair oil or beard oil in your shower. Since oil sticks to the surface easily and attracts dust from the air, you can’t get a clean shower when using oily products.
- Buy glass cleaners and spray on the door and other stained surfaces of the shower. Scrub with a soft cloth gently. Follow this 1-minute process every time you use your shower. This will help you to avoid stains in your shower.
- Ensure proper airflow in your shower. This will reduce mold growth. Proper airflow also helps the shower to quickly dried out. A dry shower is comparatively less dirty than a wet shower. So, this is a plus.
- Replace soap bars with liquid soap. Soap bars and hard water are two main culprits behind a moldy and stained shower.
Shower Clean Up Video Tutorial
For a healthy and shiny shower, you have to keep 3 things in mind. Drying up the shower, Regularly cleaning it and ensure good quality water on the tap.
These three things can change your shower from a dirty place to a healthy mind freshening room.
If you are looking for more like this article, subscribe to our newsletter. We encourage our readers to share our articles with their family and friends along with sharing their thoughts with us via comment box.