Painting is always a satisfying task to do. But when you do it wrong, it messes up everything!
If you messed up with paint spray, you don’t need to worry about it!
We are here to assist you to get rid of spray paint from metal, concrete, glass, wood, and plastic.
Removing Spray Paint from Metal
If you accidentally apply spray paint on metal, don’t panic. We have a great solution for you. Grab these things before you head into the work-
- Lint-free cloth
- Acetone remover
- Alcohol-based remover
Now follow these easy steps-
- Soak the lint-free cloth in the alcohol-based remover. Squeeze the cloth to remove the excess amount of cleaner.
- Rub the surface with the rag to remove the paint.
- You should see the paint is coming out of the metal easily.
- Follow the process for the whole surface where you painted accidentally.
- After removing the all paint from the surface with the alcohol, you should now see some residues left behind. To clean that, you need an acetone remover.
- Soak a lint-free cloth in the acetone remover and squeeze out the excess.
- Wipe the surface with it until all the paint residues are gone.
Get Spray Paint off the Wood
Removing the spray paint from wood is similar to the process of removing it from metal. You need –
- Scrubber, and
- Acetone Solvent or Nail Polish Remover
Now follow these steps-
- Soak the scrubber or rag into the acetone solvent and wipe the surface where the paint is.
- Allow the acetone solvent a few minutes to eliminate the bonding of the paint.
- Now, Soak another rag and scrub out the paint with that.
- You should now see clean paint-free wood furniture.
Removing the spray paint from glass is also very similar to that of wood. Take a scrubber, soak it in the acetone remover, rub rub rub! You are done!
Remove Spray Paint off Plastic
Removing spray paint from plastic is easy. Here are some of the most effective ways to get rid of spray paint from plastic-
Paint Scrapper Method
You can use a paint scraper to remove the dried paint from the surface. But do not put much pressure when scrapping out the paint, you can end up scratching up the plastic surface.
Vegetable Oil Method
Vegetable oil is an organic and easy way to remove paint from surfaces. It reduces the bonding of the paint and acts as a remover. You can use vegetable oil to loosen up the paint from the surface and scrape the paint with the hand or a brush material.
Using Nail Polish Remover
Nail polish remover is a chemical made for removing paints of the nail. If you need a very small surface of the accidental painting, you can use nail polish remover to eliminate it. Just soak a rag with nail polish remover and scrub the paint with that.
How to Remove Spray Paint from Concrete
Concrete is a material where paint can stick so firmly. You have to follow some steps carefully to get rid of spray paints off the concrete.
Trisodium Phosphate Method
To Get your cleaning work done, you need to get these tools-
- Tri-Sodium Phosphate
- Hand Gloves
- Plastic Brush Scrubber
- Pressure Washer
Steps To Follow
- Wear safety goggles, mask and hand gloves for protecting yourself from any harm.
- Mix 2 gallons of water with half a cup of trisodium phosphate.
- Apply the mixer with a sprayer on the surface.
- Let it sit for a few moments.
- Brush the surface rigorously with the plastic scrubbing brush.
- Use a pressure washer to get rid of all the residues of paint from the concrete.
Using Traditional Chemical Method
This is the traditional way of removing paints from surfaces. Though this is quite effective in all other circumstances, it is not so effective on concretes. But if you do not want to play with the trisodium phosphate, here is an alternative method for you. Try this before calling a professional to clean the surface for you.
Things you need
- Acetone Remover or Lacquer Thinner
- Pressure Washer
Steps to Follow
- Spray the acetone remover on the paint if it is latex paint. If you are dealing with urethane or Alkyd paints, then you will need a lacquer thinner.
- Scrub away the paints from the surface.
- Use a pressure washer to remove all the paint residues from the surface.
This should remove all kinds of spray paint from concrete. But the paint may remain intact in some places. In that case, you can repeat the process to remove it or call a professional to do the paint removal task for you.
Spray paint is easy to use and can’t be precisely applied without covering up the corners. If you ever mess up with spray paint and end up spraying on some unwanted place, this article will help you to clean the paint from the surface.
I hope you enjoyed this article. If you have any suggestions for us or need something more know about the topic, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.